IWBTS - PUBLIC SPEAKING ACADEMY
WEEK SIX TASKS
Week six: Tasks
To: Intermediate & Advanced Students
From: Leadership 2020 & Rise Up & Do It
Date: Thursday 20 August 2020
Due Date: 17h00 on Monday 24th August 2020
Dear Public Speaker
Welcome to week SIX of the I Was Born To Speak Tasks.
Pitching Your Business or service
- This weeks task is designed around making an impact with selling who you are and what you do and what you have to offer.
- You are in front of a series of investors who want to invest in you and your business.
- Use a real life position and situation as you pitch for R1.5M for 12 months of funding into your business.
- Be articulate and clear and direct and look the part.
- You have four minutes (A Long time) to make an impression using what you learnt from the webinar with Dr.Lifesgud (Selebogo Molefe)
5 Steps To A Perfect Pitch
Duration: 180 seconds / 4 minutes
Topics: You and your business or you and your service
Audience: Investors to fund your idea, service, or business
Outcome: To invest in you
You have four minutes (A Long time) to make an impression using what you learnt from the webinar with Dr.Lifesgud (Selebogo Molefe)
Here’s some advice on how to structure your talk:
The Problem Statement
- What is the problem you are solving ?
The Solution Statement
- What is your solution ?
- What makes yours / you different?
- What are your unique irresistible selling points ?
- What do you want?
- How will it be used?
- How will it benefit the investor?
Once you have recorded your talk, please upload it to a streaming link and submit the link here:
- Ability to master the brief using learnings from the webinar
- Deadline and delivery
- Quality of content in the pitch – real and believable material.
Timeline: Please submit no later than 17h00 on Monday 24th August 2020
I Was Born To Speak Team.