IWBTS - PUBLIC SPEAKING ACADEMY
WEEK ONE TASKS
Week one: |
Intermediate & Advanced Students
Leadership 2020 & Rise Up & Do It
Tuesday 7th July 2020
Friday 10th July 2020
Welcome to the work. This is where we come into your life with tasks that challenge your personal development. There are 7 weeks ahead of tasks and reviews and we look forward to working with you on smashing the goals.
You will also by now have received your feedback on your welcome videos. Thank you for your timeous efforts in making this an interactive and rewarding journey.
You were on a webinar on 27th June with Tidimalo, Hope & Linda. In that webinar we discussed non verbal communication, fear and preparation.
You also attended a webinar on Confidence by Dr Mamikie Molapo held on Saturday 5th July 2020.
If you missed the webinars, the links for each of those trainings you will find below.
PLEASE REVIEW YOUR TASKS HERE AND FILL IN THE FORM BELOW
(1) Non Verbal Communication (Theory)
- List 5 positive gestures used to created a good impression of yourself before you speak
- Share with us your trademark in non verbal communication? If you don’t currently have one, what will it be?
- What is your rule with eye contact based on the audience you are addressing? Do you have a ratio you adopt?
- How do you get people to like you before you speak
(2) Non Verbal Communication (Video) (Max – 20 seconds)
- Please send us a video of you walking up to take the microphone at a community event where you have been booked as the opening speaker. The event is socially distanced and you are going to deliver a talk to parents, school teachers and students about ambiguity in going back to school.
- This video requires you to make an impression without speaking
- It requires you to dress appropriately
- It requires you to make an impression without speaking.
- The MC has just announced your name and the audience are clapping to welcome you to the stage.
(3) Prepare a talk on Confidence to present to Leadership 2020 on Saturday 11th July 2020 at 11h00
- We will invite you to present to us on ZOOM a talk on confidence.
- Your talk should be 5 minutes long and you can deliver it stood up or sat down
- The talk is for school leavers who are going out into the world of reality (Life)
- You talk is to be supported by a letter to your 16 year old self on what you know now about confidence that fills the void on what you didn’t know when you were 16, it should be at least 250 words.
Your work will be evaluated on:
Delivery & packaging: Adherence to deadlines
Originality: Your irresistible differentiation
Impact: How it makes us feel
Understanding: Theoretical ability to articulate what you will act out
SUBMISSION – Friday 10th July at 18h00 (Work that is received after this time may not get reviewed)
Please submit your work using this form.
Your video submission should be on a streaming link and the link posted on this form below
Do not submit work in whats app groups or via independent emails please.