Desire’ Thomas is a tireless entrepreneur with a dynamic flair for business. She has created a winning streak in small business start-ups and organisational development advisory, this through an understanding of business, and management and leadership qualities
As a Master’s graduate of the University of Witwatersrand Public and Development Management, she has honed the theoretical and practical principles of business. The strategic partnership of her company YSC, with the telecommunications infrastructure and civil engineering sector, provided her with leverage for creating holistic client packages for turnkey management.
She was the Principle Agent for the FIFA 2010 MTN BTS Project in the 10 FIFA stadia in South Africa. This project was acquired through alliances between YSC and Claasen Auret Inc. Electrical Engineering Consultants.
A summary of some of her key achievements in the past ten years.
- Managed the Standard Bank Of South Africa’s back-up generator installation project. Desire’s 100% woman owned company; Your Serve Communications (YSC), was the Principle Agent for this project managing the installation of backup power for over 500 SBSA branches country wide in 2007-2008
- She was the Principle Agent for the FIFA 2010 MTN BTS Project in the 10 FIFA stadia in South Africa from 2008-2010
- YSC successfully distributed 1million Balls to six African countries in June to September 2010 for the FIFA_Hyundai Africa Unite project
- Kliptown Pick n Pay was YSC’s franchise investment based in the heart of Soweto in Johannesburg. The family supermarket was opened in May 2008 she turned the business to 26% to 31% annual sales growth between 2008 and 2010. The family store employed over 90 staff created employment for 120 staff in and otherwise poverty stricken township.
- Desire’s company, YSC also managed MTN South Africa’s Optic Fibre BTS roll-out throughout South Africa.
- Desire’s passion lies is developing business and creating operational structures. Her current involvement as Operations Director in Leadership2020 defines this passion as she feels most at ease when creating and co-developing new entrepreneurs.
- Her diverse involvement from projects within telecommunications to civil engineering project management and leadership gives her a cutting edge in her value proposition as an entrepreneur mentor.
- Desire’ is a formiddable public speaker on the subject of Entrepreneurship amongst many other.